USA Rice Federation
Why buy US grown rice? Read on to learn about the
benefits of rice grown in the USA.
- Nearly 85% of the rice consumed in the US is grown here. US
rice farmers produce some 19 billion pounds of rice each year.
- When you want the standard for excellence, choose US grown
rice. It is grown and harvested by farmers in Arkansas, California,
Louisiana, Texas, Missouri, and Mississippi according to the highest
production quality standards.
- Choosing US grown rice over rice brought in from thousands
of miles away reduces your carbon footprint.
- US rice farmers produce 2% of the world's annual rice supply,
but are the world's 4th largest rice exporter, sending 50% of annual
production to overseas customers.
- For more information on US grown rice, visit www.usarice.com