Butter & Chive Sprouted Risotto
Enjoy the goodness of germinated, whole grain brown rice! You’ll love the soft texture of the sprouted grain with the creamy taste of our own delicious Butter & Chive risotto recipe. We created this amazing side dish by blending quality ingredients like organic milk, chives, garlic, and parsley with our organic sprouted brown Arborio rice. You’ll love how the individual kernels plump, creating a rich, creamy sauce while the rice grains remain separate and al dente. Preparing this wholesome, tasty risotto is easy and requires minimal stirring. It’s a convenient and delightful way to add sprouted whole grains to any meal.
- Stir in ½ cup of frozen peas during step 3, and continue to cook as directed.
- Got leftovers? Form ¼ cup of cooled risotto into 2-inch diameter patties. Dip in egg wash, and coat generously with breadcrumbs. Pan fry until golden brown and delicious.
- In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups of water, rice, seasoning, ¼ cup milk and 1 Tbsp. butter. Stir well and bring to a full rolling boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, adjust heat as needed to maintain a simmer for 32 minutes. Do not lift lid while simmering.
- Remove lid, increase heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly for 5-7 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and rice is tender.
- Remove pan from heat, cover and allow to steam for 10 minutes.
Organic Sprouted Brown Arborio Rice, Organic Nonfat Dry Milk, Sea Salt, Organic Onion Powder, Organic Sugar, Natural Flavors, Organic Chives, Organic Rice Concentrate, Organic Black Pepper, Organic Garlic Powder, Organic Parsley, Organic Ground Turmeric, Organic Canola Oil, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid.
Serving Size: 1 cup prepared
Servings Per Container: about 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 39g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 4%