Cheddar & Peppers Sprouted Risotto
Enjoy the goodness of germinated, whole grain brown rice! You’ll love the soft texture of the sprouted grain with the creamy taste of our own delicious Cheddar & Peppers risotto recipe. We created this amazing side dish by blending quality ingredients like organic cheddar cheese, bell pepper, onion, smoked paprika, and spices with our organic sprouted brown Arborio rice. You’ll love how the individual kernels plump, creating a rich, creamy sauce while the rice grains remain separate and al dente. Preparing this wholesome, tasty risotto is easy and requires minimal stirring. It’s a convenient, delightful way to add sprouted whole grains to any meal.
- Cheesy Rice & Veggies Side Dish – Steam 1 cup of fresh or frozen broccoli until tender. Stir into cooked Cheddar & Peppers Sprouted Brown Rice Risotto.
- Got leftovers? Form ¼ cup of cooled risotto into 2″ diameter patties. Dip in egg wash and coat generously with bread crumbs. Pan fry until golden brown and delicious.
- In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups of water, rice, seasoning, ¼ cup milk and 1 Tbsp. butter. Stir well and bring to a full rolling boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, adjust heat as needed to maintain a simmer for 32 minutes. Do not lift lid while simmering.
- Remove lid, increase heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly for 5-7 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and rice is tender.
- Remove pan from heat, cover and allow to steam for 10 minutes.
Organic Sprouted Brown Arborio Rice, Organic Cheddar Cheese (Pasteurized Organic Milk, Salt, Cheese Cultures, Enzymes), Organic Dried Bell Peppers, Sea Salt, Organic Nonfat Dry Milk, Organic Sugar, Organic Rice Concentrate, Organic Smoked Paprika, Natural Flavors, Organic Spices (Red Pepper, Black Pepper), Organic Parsley, Organic Onion Powder, Organic Garlic Powder, Citric Acid, Organic Ground Turmeric, Lactic Acid, Organic Annatto Extract (Color).
Serving Size: 1 cup prepared
Servings Per Container: about 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 3.5g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 38g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 6%