ORGANIC FLORENTINE RISOTTO
Enjoy the delectable combination of spinach and mushrooms in this elegant Italian-style risotto. We created this delicious gourmet side dish by blending quality organic ingredients like spinach, mushrooms, garlic, onion, and spices with our creamy Arborio rice. You’ll love how the individual kernels plump, creating a rich, creamy sauce while the rice grains remain separate and al dente.
- In a heavy 2 qt. saucepan, sauté rice in ½ Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 1/2 cups water and contents of seasoning pouch. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cook uncovered for 20 minutes stirring occasionally until rice is tender.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve piping hot.
- In a microwaveable glass casserole, combine rice, seasoning, 2 1/2 cups water, and 1/2 Tbsp. of olive oil. Stir well and cover.
- Reduce microwave power to 70%. Cook 11 minutes. Remove cover and stir.
- Cook uncovered a additional 10 minutes at 70% power and stir. Check for Tenderness.
- Add one additional minute as needed, checking texture after each minute.
- Serve piping hot.
*Microwave ovens may vary so adjust time and temperature accordingly
Substitute ½ cup of white wine for ½ cup of water.
Garnish with your favorite crumbled cheese or cheese substitute.
Drizzle with truffle oil or other flavored oil of your choice.
Organic Arborio Rice, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Sea Salt, Organic Dried Spinach, Organic Dried Garlic, Organic Dried Mushrooms, Organic Dried Onion, Organic Spices (Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Pepper, Rosemary, Sage), Organic Sunflower or Safflower Oil, Citric Acid, Organic Turmeric, Natural Garlic Flavor.
Serving Size: 56g - about 1/4 cup rice and 2 1/2 tsp. seasoning mix (1 cup prepared)
Servings Per Container: about 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g*
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 42g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 4%