ORGANIC CRABBY RICE
Enjoy this “crabby” recipe inspired by the East Coast’s love of crab. With the delicious blend of Chesapeake Bay-style seasonings and rice, it’s easy to make a tasty dish your whole family will love.
- Make it a meal by cooking Crabby Rice with a can of minced or baby clams. Stir in baby shrimp or lump crab. Serve with small new potatoes and slices of smoked sausage; heat through.
- Serve chilled Crabby Rice on a bed of spring greens with pieces of smoked trout or salmon. Drizzle with dressing or a dollop of mayonnaise mixed with lemon and herbs.
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 3/4 cups of water, rice, contents of seasoning packet, and 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional). Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Do not lift lid while cooking. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
- Soak up the compliments.
- In a microwaveable glass casserole, combine rice, seasoning, 1 3/4 cups of water, and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (Optional). Stir well and cover.
- Reduce microwave power to 70%. Cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Leaving the cover on, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
*Microwave ovens may vary so adjust time and temperature accordingly
Organic Parboiled White Rice, Organic Corn, Sea Salt, Organic Brown Rice Flour, Organic Spices (Mustard, Celery, Black Pepper, White Pepper, Bay Leaves, Parsley, Mace, Cardamom), Organic Paprika.
Serving Size: 2oz. (57g - about 1/4 cup rice blend and 1 tbsp seasoning mix) (1 cup prepared)
Servings Per Container: about 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.5g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 2%