ORGANIC WHOLE GRAIN SOUTHWESTERN RICE
Flavors from the Southwestern U.S. are famous for their “kick.” If you enjoy spicy, you’ll love our mix of green bell pepper, onion, and spices with black beans, corn, brown rice, and tomato. Southwestern rice is a dish that is both lively and exciting!
- Use as a filler in wraps and burritos. Add cheese, onions, sour cream and salsa.
- Make a chicken salad by adding diced, cooked chicken, avocado, tomatoes, red onion, and chopped cilantro. Stir in salsa and chill well.
- Also try adding your favorite vegan cheese.
- For more flavor, cook the rice substituting part of the water with low-sodium tomato juice.
- In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups of water, rice, beans & seasoning packet, and 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional). Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Do not lift lid while cooking. Simmer for 28 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
- Soak up the compliments.
- In a microwaveable glass casserole, combine rice, seasoning, 2 cups of water, and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (Optional). Stir well and cover.
- Reduce microwave power to 70%. Cook covered for 28 minutes.
- Leaving the cover on, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
*Microwave ovens may vary so adjust time and temperature accordingly
Organic Parboiled Brown Rice, Organic Dehydrated Black Beans, Organic Freeze-Dried Corn, Organic Dried Onion, Sea Salt, Organic Spices (Black Pepper, Cayenne, Chili, Cumin), Organic Dried Garlic, Organic Dried Tomato, Organic Dried Green Bell Pepper, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Organic Brown Rice Flour, Organic Rice Concentrate, Organic Sunflower Oil, Citric Acid, Natural Garlic Flavor.
Serving Size: 2oz. (56g - about 1/4 cup rice and 2 tbsp. seasoning mix) (1 cup prepared)
Servings Per Container: about 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 15%