ORGANIC WHOLE GRAIN RICE & BLACK BEANS
Enjoy this popular combination inspired by the Cuban version of rice and beans. Made with whole grain organic brown rice and high-fiber black beans, it’s a deliciously smart way to serve up a healthful side dish. You’ll love the spicy blend and the amazing flavor.
- Make this a complete meal by adding cooked sausage or diced ham and diced red and green bell peppers; heat through.
- For Caribbean salad toss cooked shrimp with a citrus dressing. Stir into prepared chilled black beans and rice and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- For a vegan option, marinate sliced firm tofu in a citrus dressing, refrigerate for 4 hrs. Grill tofu on medium, cut into chunks or strips and add to chilled black beans and rice.
- For more flavor, substitute part of the water with citrus juice.
- In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups of water, rice, beans & seasoning packet, and 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional). Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Do not lift lid while cooking. Simmer for 28 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
- Soak up the compliments.
- In a microwaveable glass casserole, combine rice, seasoning, 2 cups of water, and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (Optional). Stir well and cover.
- Reduce microwave power to 70%. Cook covered for 28 minutes.
- Leaving the cover on, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
*Microwave ovens may vary so adjust time and temperature accordingly
Organic Parboiled Brown Rice, Organic Dehydrated Black Beans, Organic Spices (Paprika, Black Pepper, White Pepper, Cumin, Celery Seed, Cayenne), Sea Salt, Organic Dehydrated Vegetables (Tomato, Red Bell Pepper), Organic Dehydrated Onion, Organic Dehydrated Garlic, Organic Sugar, Organic Rice Concentrate.
Serving Size: 2oz. (56g - about 1/4 cup rice and 1 1/3 tbsp. seasoning mix) (1 cup prepared)
Servings Per Container: about 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 6%