ORGANIC WHOLE GRAIN RICE & QUINOA – BASIL & BELL PEPPER
Enjoy this appetizing blend of quinoa, rice, and spices. You’ll love the whole grain goodness and crunchy texture of the quinoa combined with the nuttiness of brown rice and the sweet blend of basil and bell pepper.
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 ¾ cups of water, rice, contents of seasoning packet, and 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional). Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Do not lift lid while cooking. Simmer for 28 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
- Soak up the compliments.
- In a microwaveable glass casserole, combine rice, seasoning, 1 ¾ cups of water, and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (Optional). Stir well and cover.
- Reduce microwave power to 70%. Cook covered for 28 minutes.
- Leaving the cover on, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
*Microwave ovens may vary so adjust time and temperature accordingly
Make it a meal by sautéing peeled shrimp in butter and garlic. Arrange on top of prepared Basil & Bell Pepper quinoa & rice mix, and garnish with fresh chopped basil and toasted pine nuts.
For a summer salad add chopped fresh spinach, jicama, green onions, green peas, and fresh strawberries or mango slices to prepared & chilled Basil & Bell Pepper quinoa & rice mix. Stir in favorite dressing.
Organic Parboiled Brown Rice, Organic Quinoa, Organic Dehydrated Vegetables (Garlic, Red Bell Pepper, Green Bell Pepper, Onion), Sea Salt, Organic Spices (Basil, Pepper), Organic Rice Flour, Organic Sunflower Oil.
Serving Size: 2oz. (57g - about 1/4 cup rice and 1 tbsp quinoa and seasoning mix) (1 cup prepared)
Servings Per Container: about 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 43g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 20%