ORGANIC WHOLE GRAIN RICE & RED BEANS
You’ll relish this popular Creole-inspired cuisine of red beans and rice. It’s the perfect blend of delicious vegetables, beans, spices, and rice that make this dish memorable. Made with whole grain organic brown rice and high-fiber red beans, it’s a deliciously smart way to serve up a healthful side dish.
- Make this a complete meal by adding cooked sausage or diced ham and diced red and green bell peppers. Thinly sliced spicy Jamon Serrano ham can be used in place of the diced ham for a spicier option. Serve with hot sauce.
- For Cajun red beans & rice salad add chopped red peppers and sliced green onions. Dress with a vinaigrette spiced with a Cajun seasoning blend.
- For additional flavor, substitute ½ cup of the water with ½ of red wine.
- In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups of water, rice, beans & seasoning packet, and 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional). Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Do not lift lid while cooking. Simmer for 28 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
- Soak up the compliments.
- In a microwaveable glass casserole, combine rice, seasoning, 2 cups of water, and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (Optional). Stir well and cover.
- Reduce microwave power to 70%. Cook covered for 28 minutes.
- Leaving the cover on, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
*Microwave ovens may vary so adjust time and temperature accordingly
Organic Parboiled Brown Rice, Organic Dehydrated Red Beans, Organic Dehydrated Vegetables (Red Bell Peppers, Green Bell Peppers, Carrots), Sea Salt, Organic Onion, Organic Spices (Oregano, Black Pepper, Chili Pepper, Celery, Cumin, Coriander, Bay Leaves, Jalapeño), Organic Garlic, Organic Mushrooms, Organic Rice Concentrate, Natural Smoke Flavor.
Serving Size: 2oz. (56g - about 1/4 cup rice and 1 1/3 tbsp. seasoning mix) (1 cup prepared)
Servings Per Container: about 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 20%