ORGANIC WHOLE GRAIN SPANISH RICE
A popular dish in many countries, Spanish rice is well known for its rich blend of tomato, onion, garlic, and bell peppers. This zesty blend of flavors combined with brown rice make the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
- Use as a filler for fajitas, tacos or tostadas.
- For an entrée add cooked Spanish-style chorizo, frozen peas with pearl onions and diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- For Barcelona-style add cooked chicken thighs, shrimp and clams.
- Substitute part of the water with low sodium tomato juice for additional flavor.
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 3/4 cups of water, rice, beans & seasoning packet, and 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional). Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Do not lift lid while cooking. Simmer for 28 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
- Soak up the compliments.
- In a microwaveable glass casserole, combine rice, seasoning, 1 3/4 cups of water, and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (Optional). Stir well and cover.
- Reduce microwave power to 70%. Cook covered for 28 minutes.
- Leaving the cover on, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
*Microwave ovens may vary so adjust time and temperature accordingly
Organic Parboiled Brown Rice, Organic Dried Tomato, Organic Dried Onion, Sea Salt, Organic Dried Garlic, Organic Spices (Black Pepper, Cayenne, Chili, Cumin), Organic Dried Green Bell Pepper, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Organic Brown Rice Flour, Organic Rice Concentrate, Organic Sunflower Oil, Citric Acid, Natural Garlic flavor.
Serving Size: 2oz. (56g - about 1/3 cup rice blend and 2 tsp. seasoning mix) (1 cup prepared)
Servings Per Container: about 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 20%