ORGANIC WHOLE GRAIN & WILD RICE – GARLIC & BASIL
Enjoy this delectable blend of rice and spices. You’ll love the garlic and basil combined with the nuttiness of brown rice and the firm texture of wild rice. Together they make a savory dish your whole family will love.
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 ¾ cups of water, rice, beans & seasoning packet, and 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional). Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Do not lift lid while cooking. Simmer for 32 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
- Soak up the compliments.
- In a microwaveable glass casserole, combine rice, seasoning, 1 ¾ cups of water, and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (Optional). Stir well and cover.
- Reduce microwave power to 70%. Cook covered for 32 minutes.
- Leaving the cover on, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
*Microwave ovens may vary so adjust time and temperature accordingly
Mix in diced, cooked chicken, tomatoes and feta cheese; heat through.
Combine prepared Garlic & Basil Rice & Wild Rice with roasted butternut squash; sautéed sliced leeks and cooked corn.
For additional flavor, substitute 1 cup of water with low sodium tomato juice.
Organic Parboiled Brown Rice, Organic Wild Rice, Organic Dried Garlic, Sea Salt, Organic Brown Rice Flour, Organic Dried Onion, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Organic Spices (Black Pepper, Parsley, Basil), Organic Rice Concentrate, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Serving Size: 2oz. (56g - about 1/3 cup rice blend and 1 1/2 tsp. seasoning mix) (1 cup prepared)
Servings Per Container: about 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1.5g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 4%