ORGANIC WHOLE GRAIN YELLOW RICE
Famed for its vivid yellow hue and savory flavor, Yellow Rice is a tasty dish that pairs well with any meal. You’ll love the spicy aroma and colorful flair of turmeric blended with bell peppers and brown rice.
- Top prepared Yellow Rice with a heated mixture of drained black beans, chopped chipotle peppers, chopped roasted red peppers and chopped green bell peppers.
- For a Puerto Rican touch, add in cooked smoked ham, chopped green olives with pimentos, capers and garbanzos; heat through.
- Substitute part of the water with citrus juice. Add dried fruit and coconut for a sweet option. Top with fresh grapes and pistachios.
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 3/4 cups of water, rice, beans & seasoning packet, and 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional). Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Do not lift lid while cooking. Simmer for 28 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
- Soak up the compliments.
- In a microwaveable glass casserole, combine rice, seasoning, 1 3/4 cups of water, and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (Optional). Stir well and cover.
- Reduce microwave power to 70%. Cook covered for 28 minutes.
- Leaving the cover on, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
*Microwave ovens may vary so adjust time and temperature accordingly
Organic Parboiled Brown Rice, Organic Brown Rice Flour, Organic Bell Peppers, Sea Salt, Organic Dried Onion, Organic Dried Garlic, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Organic Turmeric, Organic Rice Concentrate, Organic Black Pepper, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Serving Size: 2oz. (56g - about 1/3 cup rice blend and 1 1/2 tsp. seasoning mix) (1 cup prepared)
Servings Per Container: about 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 2%