Sweet Corn & Bell Pepper Sprouted Risotto
Enjoy the goodness of germinated, whole grain brown rice! You’ll love the soft texture of the sprouted grain with the creamy taste of our own delicious Sweet Corn & Bell Pepper risotto recipe. We created this amazing side dish by blending quality ingredients like organic sweet corn, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and parsley with our organic sprouted brown Arborio rice. You’ll love how the individual kernels plump, creating a rich, creamy sauce while the rice grains remain separate and al dente. Preparing this wholesome, tasty risotto is easy and requires minimal stirring. It’s a convenient and delightful way to add sprouted whole grains to any meal.
- Make a satisfying chowder by increasing milk to a total of 1 ¾ cup and adding it to the rice, seasonings, butter, and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 32 minutes. Add 6 oz. of canned, chopped clams with juice, ¼ cup diced celery and stir 7-12 minutes, or until rice is tender, adding more liquid if necessary. Stir in 2 slices of chopped, cooked bacon, and a dash of red pepper to taste.
- In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups of water, rice, seasoning, ¼ cup milk and 1 Tbsp. butter. Stir well and bring to a full rolling boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, adjust heat as needed to maintain a simmer for 32 minutes. Do not lift lid while simmering.
- Remove lid, increase heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly for 5-7 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and rice is tender.
- Remove pan from heat, cover and allow to steam for 10 minutes.
Organic Sprouted Brown Arborio Rice, Organic Freeze-Dried Corn, Organic Nonfat Dry Milk, Organic Dried Bell Peppers, Sea Salt, Organic Sugar, Organic Onion Powder, Natural Flavors, Organic Garlic Powder, Organic Black Pepper, Organic Rice Concentrate, Organic Parsley, Organic Ground Turmeric, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid.
Serving Size: 1 cup prepared
Servings Per Container: about 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 39g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 8%