Colorful & Tempting: Alluring, shiny black kernels with a light, fruity aroma. This distinctive rice cooks up firm with a pleasant mouth feel. Black Pearl rice offers great taste with all the goodness of a whole grain.
Stovetop Cooking Instructions
|Servings (about ¾ cup cooked) ||2 ||4 ||8 ||9+ (1lb bag) |
|Black Pearl Rice (cups) ||½ ||1 ||2 ||Whole bag |
|Water or broth (cups) ||1 ||1¾ ||3½ ||4 |
|Butter or Oil (optional) (Tbsp.) ||½ ||1 ||2 ||2 |
|Salt (optional) (tsp.) ||pinch ||¼ ||½ ||½ |
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, bring water and rice (and optional oil and salt) to a boil.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid, reduce heat to a low simmer and cook 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat (with lid on) and let steam for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
To prepare in a rice cooker, use the same water-rice ratio. If the rice is too firm at the end of cooking, it may be necessary to add 1-2 Tbsp. liquid and cook longer.
- Use in place of whole grain brown rice in your favorite recipes
- Makes a great base for a colorful stir-fry
- Makes a colorful side dish served with seasonal vegetables and your favorite protein.
- Great in cold rice salads, puddings and desserts in place of sticky rice.