Lundberg® offers a classic Japanese short grain white rice grown especially for Sushi. It is truly superb in traditional Sushi rolls, salads, and other Asian dishes.
Available in 1lb, 2lb, & 25 lb. Bulk
Stovetop Cooking Instructions
|Servings (about ¾ cup cooked) ||2-3 ||4-6 ||8-10 |
|Rice (dry), cup |
|Water or broth, cup |
- For traditional Sushi rice, we recommend rinsing rice until water runs clear.
- Soak rinsed rice in water for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Bring soaked rice to a boil.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low simmer, and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat (with lid on) and let steam for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
To prepare in a rice cooker, use the same water-rice ratio. If the rice is too firm at the end of cooking, it may be necessary to add 1-2 Tbsp. liquid and cook longer.
Traditional Sushi Roll Rice
- 2 cups Lundberg® Sushi rice, rinsed and drained well
- 3 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Lundberg Sweet Dreams® Brown Rice Syrup or 1½ Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
Bring water and rice to a boil in 2-quart saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Place vinegar, brown rice syrup (or sugar), and salt in a small saucepan. Heat slowly until salt and syrup dissolves.
Place hot, cooked rice in a wide shallow glass bowl (not metal). Toss (do not stir) rice gently with vinegar mixture using a plastic spoon. The Sushi Rice is now ready for use in your favorite Sushi rolls.
Entrees & Side Dishes
Organic California Sushi Rice