Jambalaya is rumored to mean mish-mash or hodge-podge because it’s a gathering of many ingredients. Enjoy this delicious blend of brown rice with garlic, onion, bell peppers, tomato, and spices. Together they deliver a unique
Creole flavor and experience.
- In a medium saucepan combine 1¾ cups of water, rice, seasoning and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (optional). Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Do not lift lid while cooking. Simmer for 28 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
- In a microwaveable glass casserole, combine rice, seasoning, 1¾ cups of water, and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (optional). Stir well.
- Cover and cook on 70% power for 28 minutes.
- Leaving the cover on, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Note: Microwave ovens may vary so adjust time and temperature accordingly.
- Make this a meal by adding cooked Andouille sausage, diced ham, or shrimp; heat through.
- Add cooked boneless chicken thighs, diced tomatoes with green chilies and extra chicken broth to make a Cajun stew.
- For additional flavor, cook the rice substituting up to 1 cup of water with low-sodium tomato juice.
- Beans may be added for a vegan option. Lightly sauté your choice of fresh vegetables and hot peppers to release some of their water and stir into the rice. Add the beans and heat through.
Organic Parboiled Brown Rice, Organic Dried Onion, Sea Salt, Organic Dried Garlic, Organic Bell Peppers, Organic Spices (Black Pepper, Cayenne, Cumin), Organic Dried Tomato, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Organic Brown Rice Flour, Organic Rice Concentrate, Organic Sunflower Oil, Natural Smoke Flavor, Citric Acid.