Recipe courtesy of: Amie Valpone, HHP, AADP Nutritionist and author of The Healthy Apple.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 lb thin chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups Lundberg® Organic Wild rice, cooked
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 15 raw large shrimp
- 1 1/2 lb clams
- 2 cups rainbow Swiss chard, roughly chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- Cook wild rice according to package. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat; add garlic and shallots, stirring until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes. Add chicken; continue to stir until fully cooked. Add rice, balsamic vinegar, vegetable broth, curry powder, cinnamon, and shrimp. Cook over high heat for approximately 10 minutes. Stir in clams, Swiss chard, cooked rice and tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, until all liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl. Serve warm.