Recipe courtesy of: Amie Valpone, HHP, AADP Nutritionist and author of The Healthy Apple.
- 2 (14-oz) cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Lundberg Farms Organic Brown Sweet Rice, cooked
- 4 tablespoons Greek plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup bran cereal, finely crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cilantro, chopped
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- Freshly steamed kale, fresh tomatoes and red onions for serving
- Pre-heat grill to medium heat.
- Pulse 1 can beans in a food processor with rice, Greek yogurt, bran crumbs, chili powder, basil and sesame seeds until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in cilantro and remaining can beans. Form mixture into 4 patties.
- Grill burgers until golden brown, turning once, about 8-10 minutes total. Serve on buns with freshly steamed kale, tomatoes and red onions.