- 3 (15 oz) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups Lundberg
Family Farms Countrywild® rice
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/8 -1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (12 oz) package cooked Andouille (hot links)
chicken sausage, cut into rounds
Serve with cornbread or cornmeal muffins
Stir together all ingredients except sausage in
slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours, or until rice is
tender. During the last 1/2 hour stir in sausage to heat through.
Serves 8 to 10.
See conversion chart that illustrates comparative cook
times for LOW and HIGH.