Recipe courtesy of: Amie Valpone, HHP, AADP Nutritionist and author of The Healthy Apple.
- 2 fresh lemongrass stalks, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons sweet white miso
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 lb tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (14-oz) can diced tomatoes in juice, drained
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh kale, roughly chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups Lundberg Farms Brown Sweet Rice
- Greek plain yogurt, for topping
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook Lundberg Farms rice according to package.
- Cook lemongrass, onion, and garlic in oil in a large pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, approximately 55 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, miso, balsamic vinegar, red bell peppers, lime juice, and ginger. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- When rice is cooked, drain and add to the vegetable broth mixture.
- Add in tofu, diced tomatoes, sweet potatoes, kale and basil. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dishes. Serve with sea salt, freshly ground pepper and a dollop of Greek plain yogurt.