Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
- For traditional Sushi rice, we recommend rinsing rice until water runs clear.
- In a medium saucepan, soak rinsed rice in water for 30 minutes prior to cooking (refer to chart above for rice and water ratio).
- Bring soaked rice and water to a boil.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low simmer, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat (keep covered), and let steam for 10 minutes.
Rice Cooker Instructions: To prepare in a rice cooker, use the same liquid to rice ratio.
*If rice is too firm at the end of cooking, it may be necessary to add 1-2 Tbsp. liquid and cook longer.
1 serving = 3/4 cup cooked rice
2 - 3 Servings
|1⁄2 cup||3⁄4 cup||1 1⁄2 tsp.|
4 - 6 Servings
|1 cup||1 1⁄2 cup||1 Tbs.|
8 - 10 Servings
|2 cups||3 cups||2 Tbs.|