ORGANIC PORCINI WILD MUSHROOM RISOTTO
Enjoy the exotic, earthy, nutty flavor of wild porcini mushrooms in this elegant Italian-style risotto. We created this delicious gourmet side dish by blending quality organic ingredients like mushrooms, garlic, and onion with our creamy Arborio rice. You’ll love how the individual kernels plump, creating a rich, creamy sauce while the rice grains remain separate and al dente.
- In a heavy 2 qt. saucepan, sauté rice in ½ Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water and contents of seasoning pouch. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cook uncovered for 20 minutes stirring occasionally until rice is tender.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve piping hot.
- In a microwaveable glass casserole, combine rice, seasoning, 2 1/2 cups of water, and 1/2 Tbsp. of olive oil. Stir well and cover.
- Reduce microwave power to 70%. Cook 11 minutes. Remove cover and stir.
- Cook uncovered a additional 10 minutes at 70% power and stir. Check for Tenderness.
- Add one additional minute as needed, checking texture after each minute.
- Serve piping hot.
*Microwave ovens may vary so adjust time and temperature accordingly
Substitute ½ cup of white wine for ½ cup of water.
Serve with sautéed spinach and mushrooms.
Drizzle with truffle oil or other flavored oil of your choice.
Organic Arborio Rice, Organic Brown Rice Flour, Sea Salt, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Organic Wild Porcini Mushrooms, Organic Dried Onion, Organic Dried Garlic, Natural Flavors (Butter, Garlic, Onion), Organic Sunflower or Safflower Oil, Organic Black Pepper, Lactic Acid, Organic Rice Concentrate. Contains Milk.
Serving Size: 58g - about 1/4 cup rice and 2 tsp. seasoning mix (1 cup prepared)
Servings Per Container: about 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g*
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 43g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 2%