WHITE ARBORIO RICE
1lb / 2lb / 25lb
Arborio is a traditional Italian rice used most often in dishes where a creamy texture is desired. Risotto is an Italian technique for cooking Arborio.
Basic Risotto Recipe:
- 1 cup Lundberg® Arborio Rice
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4-5 cups hot stock (or water)
- ½ cup white California wine (optional)
Heat olive oil in a heavy non-stick 2-quart pot. Saute onion in oil until translucent. Add rice and stir rice until grains are coated with oil Add wine and stir constantly on medium heat until wine is absorbed. Add 1 cup hot stock or water, stirring until liquid is absorbed. Continue cooking for about 20 minutes, adding the remaining liquid 1 cup at a time. This rice creates its own creamy sauce; add additional liquid if creamier texture is desired. Remove from heat, stir in cheeses and serve immediately. For variety add fresh herbs and chopped vegetables during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
To cook as table rice:
- Combine rice, water, and butter (optional) in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low-simmer, and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat (with lid on!) and steam for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork.
*If rice is crunchy at the end of cooking time, it may be necessary to add 1-2 Tbsp. liquid and cook longer.
Tip: To prepare in rice cooker, use same water-rice ratio.
1 serving = 3/4 cup cooked rice