Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
4cupsvegetable or chicken stock
4tbspbutter, salted, 2 tbsp. reserved
2tbspextra virgin olive oil
1⁄4cupssweet onion, finely diced
2⁄3cupsParmesan cheese, grated
Parsley, for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat: 10g|
|Trans Fat: 0.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 39g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber: 8g||29%|
- In a medium saucepan, bring the stock to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and keep the broth hot.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan. Add onion, garlic, and quinoa over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter, stir in 1 cup of the hot broth, and cook, stirring constantly, until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Reduce the heat to medium and gradually add 3 more cups of the hot broth, 1 cup at a time, stirring and cooking until each cup is almost absorbed before adding the next. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- When the stock is fully absorbed, add Parmesan and stir for 1 minute.
- Serve the risotto immediately. Enjoy!