Sign up to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
1lbAsparagus, trimmed, sliced
8 13⁄20ozPuff Pastry Sheet, frozen, thawed
1⁄4cupsAvocado Oil, 2 Tbsp. reserved, 1 Tbsp. reserved, 1 Tbsp. reserved
1tbspOregano, fresh, minced
1⁄2tspCayenne Pepper, ground
Sea Salt, to taste
Crushed Red Pepper, for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 32g||41%|
|Saturated Fat: 12g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 73g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber: 7g||25%|
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 3/4 cups water, 1 cup rice, 2 Tbsp. avocado oil, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer and cook for 50 minutes. Remove from heat (keep covered) and steam for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-low heat, add 1 Tbsp. avocado oil and pan fry eggs one or two at a time. Once all four eggs are cooked, set aside.
- On a lined baking sheet, lay out puff pastry dough. Lightly cut into the dough around the edge, about an inch from the edge. Prick the center of the dough with a fork. Bake for 10-15 minutes and remove from the oven. Add egg wash to the crust and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Push the center of the pastry down.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp. avocado oil. Sauté asparagus and shallot for 10 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- On baked puff pastry, arrange asparagus mix, cooked rice, fried eggs, cotija cheese, oregano, crushed red pepper, and sea salt to taste. Cut into squares and enjoy!