Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
15ozBlack Beans, mashed
1⁄2Iceberg Lettuce Head, shredded
1Tomato, large, sliced
1⁄4Red Onion, sliced
1⁄4cupsExtra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
Condiments, to taste
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat: 2.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Dietary Fiber: 12g||43%|
- Add Lundberg Family Farms Organic Wild Blend and water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low-simmer and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from heat (with lid on) and steam for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork. Add to large bowl.
- Drain can of black beans, add to rice in large bowl with nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix to fully incorporate. Form into 4 patties, freeze for 30 mins in a single layer.
- Shred lettuce, slice tomato, slice onion. Set aside.
- Heat ¼ cup olive oil on medium-high heat in a sauté pan. Cook burger patties for 7 minutes and flip. Cook for another 7 minutes and set aside on wire rack to cool.
- Assemble burger with condiments of choice, and layer ingredients in a desired manner. Enjoy!