Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
6large green bell peppers, tops trimmed off about 1/2 inch, cored and seeded
10ozpackage of frozen corn, thawed
1⁄2cupsfeta cheese, crumbled (or bleu cheese)
1cupsgrated mozzarella cheese, divided
2tbspfresh parsley, chopped
1tspfresh rosemary, minced
2garlic cloves, minced
1tspKalamata olives, minced
1 1⁄2jar of your favorite Pasta Sauce
2green onions, sliced
Salt and Pepper to taste
Garnish with 2 sliced green onions, and pass remaining warmed pasta sauce, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 9g||12%|
|Saturated Fat: 4.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber: 7g||25%|
- Cook Lundberg Countrywild Rice Blend according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling and par-boil prepared green bell peppers for 5-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pepper. They should be softened but not cooked through. Drain and place in shallow baking dish coated with non-stick spray.
- Stir feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, corn, herbs, garlic, olives, green onions and salt and pepper to taste into cooked rice. Divide the mixture among the bell peppers and top with 1/2 the pasta sauce. Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. (May take longer according to the size of peppers. Insert a knife into the middle of the rice mixture and leave for a few seconds. Knife should be hot to touch if completely heated)
- Garnish with additional sliced green onions and if desired, remaining warmed pasta sauce.
- Grilled Peppers: Cut the peppers in half through the stem, remove seeds to form 12 half-pepper cups. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Light a chimney 3/4 full of charcoal. Once charcoal is fully lit and covered in gray ash, pour coals out and arrange them on one side of the charcoal grate, keeping the other side empty. Place peppers on the cool side of the grill and cover. Cook until tops are browned about half an hour. Divide remaining pasta sauce and mozzarella among stuffed peppers and replace cover, cook for an additional 15 minutes until cheese is melted and peppers are tender.
- Remove peppers from grill and garnish with parsley.