Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
2cupslow sodium chicken broth or water
1onion, finely chopped
2garlic cloves, minced
1large green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
1can (14.5oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained, chopped up with wooden spoon
1⁄4tspcrushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1package (12oz) cooked Andouille (hot links) sausage, cut into rounds
3⁄4lbcleaned raw shrimp
salt and pepper to taste
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 9g||12%|
|Saturated Fat: 3.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|
- Combine Lundberg Brown Short Grain rice with broth in a medium saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Bring broth to boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer. Cook 50 minutes; remove from heat (do not lift lid) and steam 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and bell pepper for about 5 minutes; add garlic and stewed tomatoes, basil, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Add Andouille chicken sausage to heat through.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add shrimp. Sauté 3-4 minutes, until pink. Stir into tomato-sausage mixture.
- To serve, place rice in a large, wide bowl and spoon tomato-shrimp-sausage mixture on top.
- Optional: Serve with cornbread or cornmeal muffins