Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
2large garlic cloves, minced
5Cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
1carrot, finely grated
1egg, beaten lightly
2tbspgluten free flour or baking mix, as needed, to make a firm mixture
Oil for frying
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat: 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|
- Cook Lundberg Short Grain Brown Rice according to package directions.
- Heat oils in a non-stick sauté pan. Cook garlic, mushrooms and carrots about 5-6 minutes until soft. Combine vegetables with cooked rice and cool. Add egg and salt; mix well. Sprinkle in gluten free flour or baking mix to stiffen rice mixture.
- Roll rice mixture into balls about the size of a ping pong ball and flatten into patties. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat a couple of Tbsp. of oil in the sauté pan, and fry patties 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy.
- Top with a dollop of crème fraiche, a sprig of dill and smoked salmon.