Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
12ozpackage of your favorite spicy sausage
4chicken breasts (about 16 oz), cut into 1-2” pieces
2cupsyellow onion, chopped
2cupsgreen bell pepper, chopped
1cupsred bell pepper, chopped
1tbspfresh garlic, minced
1can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes with juice
2tbspyour favorite Cajun or Creole spice mix, or salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
12ozpackage of shrimp
1⁄4cupssliced green onion
1⁄4cupsfresh parsley, chopped
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat: 2.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 40g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5g||18%|
- Cook 1 1/2 cups Lundberg Long Grain Brown Rice according to package directions.
- Heat a very large skillet and brown the sausage, reserving the fat. Remove sausage and set aside. Add the chicken to the pan and brown on all sides, removing it before it is cooked through.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and sauté the onion, bell pepper, celery and carrot, cooking until they are softened then add the garlic and continue to sauté for 2-3 minutes (do not scorch the garlic). Add the tomatoes and season to taste with the spice mix. Stir well and add the cooked rice.
- Once this mixture is warm and starting to simmer, add the sausage and chicken and cover for about 5 minutes. After the chicken is heated through, add the shrimp and cover; allow the shrimp to cook on a slow simmer, stirring occasionally.
- When the shrimp are pink, take the lid off and stir thoroughly. Once shrimp are done, pour the jambalaya into a large bowl and garnish with the sliced green onion and parsley. Serve immediately.