Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
1cupsuncooked Lundberg Tri-Color Blend Quinoa
1large egg (beaten)
1⁄4cupsplus 2 Tbsp. water
Non-stick cooking spray
1cupshalf-and-half or table cream
1⁄2tspnutmeg, freshly grated
3⁄4cupsdark brown sugar
1large egg yolk
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat: 5g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 49g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3.5g||13%|
- PREPARATION FOR CRUST: Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread quinoa in a single layer on a large baking sheet and place on middle rack of oven for 10 minutes.
- Pour quinoa into a large mixing bowl. Place 1/2 cup of the toasted quinoa into a food processor or bender on high for three minutes to create quinoa-meal.
- Combine processed and unprocessed quinoa together in the bowl with the other dry ingredients and mix throughly.
- Add wet ingredients to mixture and stir into a smooth paste.
- Spray your pie plate with non-stick cooking spray, then press the quinoa mixture into the pie plate to evenly coat the bottom and sides. Bake in a 350° oven for 5 minutes to set.
- PREPARATION FOR FILLING: Simmer pumpkin puree on medium heat for two minutes then stir in nutmeg, salt and cream. Return to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- While mixture is cooling, mix together brown sugar, eggs and egg yolks. Whisk until smooth.
- Allow pumpkin puree to cool for 10 minutes then stir in egg and sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture into quinoa pie crust and bake in the oven on the center rack for 45 to 50 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool two hours before serving. Enjoy!