Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
2lbchicken thighs, boneless, skinless
2lemons, sliced into ¼” circles
1red onion, large, sliced into 1” pieces
2zucchini or summer squash, sliced into ½” circles
4tbspextra virgin olive oil, divided
3cloves garlic, minced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, feta cheese for garnish
Zest of 2 limes
Zest of 1 orange
Zest of 2 lemons
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 20g||26%|
|Saturated Fat: 4.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3g||11%|
- Add 1 cup of Lundberg Family Farms Organic California Brown Jasmine Rice and 1 ¾ cups of water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low-simmer, and cook for 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, basil, thyme, and garlic to form the marinade.
- Slice chicken thighs into 1” pieces, combine with marinade, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but no longer than 24 hours. Store in a container of your choice.
- Skewer lemon slices, red onion, zucchini, and chicken in desired order. Brush remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil over assembled skewers and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat grill to 350 degrees and cook skewers, turning occasionally, until internal temperature of chicken is at 165 degrees (about 12 minutes). Remove from grill and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once rice has completed cooking, stir in lemon, lime, and orange zest to taste. Salt to taste.
- Layer the citrus rice on each plate and place 2 skewers over the rice (removing skewer if desired).
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta cheese. Enjoy!