Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
28ozpineapple, chunks, canned or 1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
2lbpulled pork, cooked
1cupsyellow onion, diced
1cupsgreen onion, sliced
1cupsred bell pepper, diced
1⁄4cupsserrano chiles, sliced
2tsptoasted sesame oil
Crushed red pepper, for garnish
Toasted macadamia nuts, for garnish
Green onion, for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 30g||38%|
|Saturated Fat: 10g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 57g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber: 7g||25%|
- Add 2 cups of Lundberg Organic Long Grain White Rice and 3 cups of water to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low-simmer, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, keep covered, and steam for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside. (Note: To prepare in a rice cooker, use the same liquid to rice ratio. If rice is too firm at the end of cooking, it may be necessary to add 1-2 Tbsp. liquid and cook longer.)
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add bacon and sauté until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside.
- In the same sauté pan used for bacon, add yellow onion and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for another 3 minutes. Add tamari, oyster sauce, and sesame oil and stir frequently for an additional 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook pulled pork according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a small sauté pan over medium-low heat, add chopped macadamia nuts. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until lightly toasted.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked rice, bacon, onion mixture, green onion, red bell pepper, and drained pineapple chunks. Stir to fully incorporate. Add 2 cups of the rice mixture to each bowl. Top with pulled pork, green onion, serrano chiles, crushed red pepper and toasted macadamia nuts. Enjoy!