Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
6oztuna, raw, sushi-grade, cubed
1⁄4cupsred radish, sliced
2Green onion stalks – greens only, sliced
1tbsptoasted sesame oil
Black sesame seeds, to taste
Sriracha mayo, to taste
Pickled ginger, to taste
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 26g||33%|
|Saturated Fat: 4g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 88g||32%|
|Dietary Fiber: 9g||32%|
- For traditional sushi rice, we recommend rinsing the rice until the water runs clear. Soak rinsed rice in water for 30 minutes before cooking. Bring soaked rice to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low simmer, and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat (with lid on) and steam for 10 minutes.
- Slice avocado, cucumber, red radish, jalapeno, and green onion. Dice mango. Cut tuna into cubes. If tuna isn’t available, add cooked, diced chicken or tofu.
- Whisk tamari, vinegar, and toasted sesame oil together. Add tuna to liquid and toss to coat.
- Add cooked rice to a bowl. Arrange the avocado, cucumber, edamame, mango, radish, green onion, and jalapenos on top of the rice.
- Add tuna, drizzle with sriracha mayo, and top with black sesame seeds and pickled ginger. Enjoy!