Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
2lbred cabbage, medium, shredded
1lbmini mozzarella balls
1 1⁄3cupscherry tomatoes, halved
3tbspred wine vinegar
1tspcracked black pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 31g||40%|
|Saturated Fat: 12g|
|Trans Fat: .5g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 77g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber: 10g||36%|
- Bring water and Lundberg Family Farms Organic Short Grain Brown Rice to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low-simmer, and cook for 45 minutes. Let stand for 10 mins. Let cool for 10 mins.
- Rinse and shred cabbage, set aside. Halve cherry tomatoes and set aside. Wash spinach and basil separately.
- Arrange five 32 oz. mason jars and layer 1/5th of the cabbage into each jar as the bottom layer.
- Add 1/5th of the cherry tomatoes to each jar.
- For the next layer, add 1/5th of the spinach to each jar.
- Add about 1 cup of cooked, cooled rice to each jar.
- On top of the rice layer, add 1/5th of the whole basil leaves to each jar in an even pattern.
- Top each jar with 1/5th of the mini mozzarella balls and seal each jar with the appropriate lid.
- Prepare salad dressing: Add Dijon mustard to a small bowl. Whisk in oil until incorporated. Add all other ingredients and whisk until fully incorporated. When ready to eat, use 2 Tbsp. salad dressing per jar and enjoy!