Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
1 1⁄4cupsVegetable Stock
1⁄2lbFrozen Shrimp, peeled, deveined or chicken thighs
3tbspTamari or Soy Sauce
2tbspBrown Rice Syrup or Honey
1cupsYellow Onion, diced
1cupsRed Bell Pepper, thick slices
1cupsCarrot, large pieces
3Garlic Cloves, minced
2tbspGreen Onion for garnish (optional)
2tbspPickled Ginger for garnish (optional)
Sea Salt to taste
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat: 4.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 41g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4g||14%|
- Set Instant Pot to “Sauté”. Dice onion, slice red bell pepper, chop carrots. Mince garlic.
- Add coconut oil, garam masala, curry powder, and turmeric to Instant Pot. Stir frequently for two minutes.
- Add diced onion, red bell pepper, carrot, and minced garlic to the Instant Pot and sauté for an additional five minutes. Add tamari, brown rice syrup and vinegar and stir to incorporate.
- Add Lundberg Family Farms Organic White Basmati Rice and vegetable stock to the vegetable mixture and stir for an additional minute.
- Pressure cook the rice mixture: Close the lid of the pressure cooker. Set the valve to “Sealing” and start the pressure cooker on “High” for 5 minutes. Once completed, let the pressure naturally release for another 5 minutes before quick-releasing the remaining pressure.
- Carefully open the lid, fluff the rice, garnish with green onions or pickled ginger and enjoy!