Get fresh recipes, farm news, and discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
1onion, finely chopped
3cloves garlic, minced
1can (14.5oz) tomatoes with jalapeños, undrained
2cans (15 oz) pinto beans, drained
2cans (7 oz) chopped green chilies, undrained
1⁄4tspdried red pepper flakes (optional)
2cupsshredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese, divided
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat: 8g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6g||21%|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add onions and garlic; cook for 4-5 minutes until onions are translucent. Transfer into a large bowl. Stir in Lundberg Long Grain Brown Rice, tomatoes, beans, and green chilies.
- Heat water to boiling and stir into rice/bean mixture; pour into baking dish. Stir in one cup grated cheese. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 65-70 minutes or until rice is tender. (If rice is tender but excess water remains, remove foil and cook 5 more minutes.)
- Just before serving sprinkle with reserved grated cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve with warm tortillas, sour cream, sliced green onions, cilantro, and salsa.