Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
1⁄2Yellow Onion, diced
2Garlic Cloves, minced
3Celery Stalks, diced (1 ½ cups)
1Green Bell Pepper, medium, diced
1Can (14-ounce) Diced Tomatoes
4cupsMushrooms, Oyster, Shiitake, King Oyster
4cupsVegetable Stock or Water + 1 ½ tsp. Vegan Bouillon
2tspVegan Worcestershire Sauce
2Vegan Sausages, sliced
1tspLouisiana Hot Sauce
1⁄4cupsParsley, chopped (for garnish)
Salt to taste
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat: 4g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 44g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber: 8g||29%|
- Preheat a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add oil, followed by onion, garlic, celery, and bell pepper. Sauté until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes, then add tomatoes and mushrooms. Cook mushrooms for about 7 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- Add the rice, vegetable stock, bay leaves, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Stir well. Cook with lid ajar for 25 minutes, or until rice is almost tender.
- Add creole seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Continue to cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes longer. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Pan fry the vegan sausage slices, then stir them into the jambalaya.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and hot sauce.