Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
1⁄2cupsraisins or cranberries, dried (or dates, chopped)
1⁄2tspnutmeg, freshly ground
1⁄2tspcinnamon, ground (optional)
Walnuts, chopped for garnish
Cinnamon stick, for garnish
Whipped cream, for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat: 2.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 48g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|
- Add Lundberg Organic Short Grain Brown Rice and water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 45-50 minutes. Remove from heat (keep covered) and steam for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs and sugar until smooth. Add milk, sea salt, and vanilla extract. Add rice and raisins.
- Pour into greased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with nutmeg and/or cinnamon.
- Set in pan of hot water and bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes or until custard is set.
- After baking for approximately 30 minutes, gently stir custard to suspend rice.
- Serve warm or cold with milk or whipped cream, cinnamon stick, and chopped walnuts.