Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
1⁄2cupsraisins or chopped dates (optional)
finely chopped nuts (optional)
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat: 2.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 74g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|
- Beat eggs, add sugar, beat until smooth. Add milk, salt and extract. Add rice and raisins.
- Pour into greased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Set in pan of hot water and bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes or until custard is set.
- After baking for approximately 30 minutes, gently stir custard to suspend rice.
- Serve warm or cold with milk or whipped cream.