Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
2 1⁄4cupsVegetable Broth
1lbShrimp, peeled, deveined
1⁄4lbMushrooms, finely diced
1cupsOnion, finely diced
1⁄2cupsGreen Bell Pepper, finely diced
3tbspOlive Oil, divided
3⁄4tspBlack Pepper, divided
Cilantro, for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat: 1.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|
- Rinse the rice with water to remove excess starch, set aside.
- Heat a large deep pan over medium heat. Add two tablespoons olive oil, onions, peppers and mushrooms and cook until the vegetables soften and the onions become lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant, about 1 more minute.
- Transfer the rinsed rice on top of the vegetables. Season with oregano, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper and cook with the vegetables for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chicken broth on top, bring to a boil, then simmer and cook for 15 minutes covered with a tight-fitting lid. Remove rice from heat and keep covered for 5 minutes before adding the shrimp.
- Combine the shrimp with the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Nestle the shrimp into the rice when done cooking, cover and allow it to steam with the rice until pink and opaque, about 5-7 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with the shrimp and garnish with cilantro, if desired.