Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
1⁄2cupsfennel, bulb, chopped
1⁄2cupsfennel, fronds, chopped
1⁄2cupsgreen apple, cubed
1⁄4cupsParmesan or Pecorino Romano, grated
4garlic, bulbs, whole
Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Parsley for garnish
Basil for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 38g||49%|
|Saturated Fat: 9g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 48g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|
- In a large sauté pan, sauté rice in 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onion and fennel root and sauté for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set mixture aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups vegetable stock to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Add rice to sauté pan. One ladle at a time, add stock to the rice mixture, adding a ladle each time the previous stock has evaporated.
- In a blender, add fennel fronds, parsley, basil, green apple, garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan. Pulse until fully incorporated.
- Once risotto is al dente, add onion/fennel mixture and blended mixture into the rice mixture. Turn heat to medium-low and stir for 3 minutes. Add ¼ cup Parmesan or Pecorino Romano. Stir for 2 more minutes. Garnish with parsley and/or basil and extra Parmesan. Enjoy!