Get fresh recipes, farm news, and discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
10ozdark chocolate chips
1 1⁄2cupsgluten-free all-purpose flour
1cupscoconut, shredded, unsweetened
4ozvegan butter, softened
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 13g||17%|
|Saturated Fat: 7g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6g||21%|
- In a fine mesh sieve, thoroughly rinse 2 cups of quinoa under cold water until the water runs clear. Place quinoa in a medium saucepan with 2 ½ cups water and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- In a Pyrex measuring cup, add chia seeds and water. Stir until a gel forms. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add cooked, cooled quinoa; gluten-free all-purpose flour; sunflower butter; coconut; brown rice syrup; baking powder; baking soda; vegan butter; vanilla extract; and sea salt.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and roll dough into golf ball-sized spheres. Repeat until there are 12 spheres on a baking sheet. Press the top of each sphere down with a fork and flatten to ¼” thick. Repeat with another full baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack for 5 minutes, and enjoy!