Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
2tspdark brown sugar
2tspextra virgin olive oil
1⁄2cupsgluten free 1:1 flour
1banana (very ripe)
1⁄4cupsdark brown sugar, packed
2tspdark brown sugar, packed
2tbspGreek yogurt (plain)
2tbspextra virgin olive oil
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat: 1g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber: 8g||29%|
- In a small bowl, prepare the crumb topping mixture. Mix almond flour, cooked quinoa, brown sugar, and sea salt until combined. Add the olive oil and mix until all flour has moistened.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease eight wells of a muffin tin or line with paper baking cup.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the gluten free 1:1 flour, almond flour, baking powder, and kosher salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, mash banana with brown sugar using a large fork until a puree consistency is achieved.
- Add the yogurt, olive oil, and egg until thoroughly combined. Next, add the quinoa to the wet mixture and stir.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and gently mix. When almost combined, add the raspberries and gently fold them in. Be careful not to over-mix!
- Evenly fill eight of the muffin wells until 2/3 full. Distribute the crumb topping evenly over each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. Muffins are ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Then remove the muffins from the tins and allow them to cool on a baking rack for about 15 minutes.