Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
1bunch rainbow chard, ribs removed from leaves
2cloves garlic, minced
1tspolive oil (use the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes!)
Salt and black pepper
1⁄3cupssun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, coarsely diced
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat: 2.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|
- Preheat oven to 400⁰F. Thoroughly grease a non-stick 9″ cake pan with cooking spray or oil.
- Slice rainbow chard rib into small pieces and cut leaves into 1″ wide ribbons.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced chard ribs and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the chard leaves and sauté until wilted, about 3 minutes. Add minced garlic, pinch of salt and pepper, and cook for an additional minute.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until slightly frothy. Add 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and milk. Stir in rice and sautéed chard.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and slightly puffed.
- While the frittata bakes, blend together the ingredients for the compote until fairly smooth and homogenous. Add 1 Tbsp. of water. If the mixture is too thick, add another Tbsp. of water.
- Remove frittata from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cut frittata into wedges and serve with a dollop of sun-dried tomato and balsamic compote. Enjoy!