Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
3cupsApples, peeled, thinly sliced (about 6 apples)
1 1⁄2cupsGF Oats, raw
3⁄4cupsRice Flour or GF All Purpose Baking Flour
1⁄2cupsAlmonds or Walnuts, chopped
1⁄2cupsButter or Vegan Butter
1tbspLemon Juice, fresh
2tbspButter, reserved for apples
1⁄4cupsBrown Sugar, reserved for apples
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 15g||19%|
|Saturated Fat: 7g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 60g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4g||14%|
- Add 1 cup of Lundberg Family Farms Organic Short Grain Brown and 1 ¾ cups of water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low-simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan add sliced apples, reserved butter and sugar. Cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until apples have softened.
- Combine the cooked rice, apples, lemon juice, rice syrup, vanilla and pour into a 9 x 13-inch pan greased with butter or vegan butter.
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Add chopped nuts and stir to incorporate. Sprinkle over rice-apple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Enjoy!