Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
3cupsApples, Granny Smith or Honeycrisp
1 1⁄2cupsOats, old-fashioned, gluten-free
1cupsLight brown sugar
1⁄2cupsDark brown sugar
1⁄2cupsGluten-free all-purpose flour
2tspPumpkin spice blend
Ice cream, for serving
Caramel drizzle, for garnish (optional)
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat: 10g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 109g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber: 8g||29%|
- Combine rice and apple juice in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from heat (keep covered) and steam for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add sliced apples, ¼ cup butter, and dark brown sugar. Cook on low heat for 10 minutes, or until apples have softened.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, apples, lemon juice, rice syrup, and vanilla until fully incorporated. Pour into a 9 x 13” pan greased with butter.
- Mix flour, oats, light brown sugar, pumpkin spice blend, and cinnamon. Cut in ½ cup butter and walnuts until crumbly. Sprinkle over rice-apple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, or until brown and bubbly. Drizzle with caramel, if desired, and enjoy!