Get fresh recipes, farm news, and discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
1 1⁄2cupsvegetable broth, low sodium
8ozhalloumi, grilled or Feta, cubed
1cupsgreen onion, sliced with the white and light green tops separated from the dark green bottoms
1cupsgreen peas, frozen
1⁄2cupsdried cranberries, sweetened
2tbspbutter, salted (optional)
2tbspextra virgin olive oil
3cloves garlic, minced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Parsley or mint, for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat: 11g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5g||18%|
- Add 1 cup of Lundberg Organic White Basmati Rice, 1 ½ cups of vegetable broth, and 2 Tbsp. butter (optional) to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to a low simmer, and cook for 15 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil, white and light bottoms of the green onions, and green peas. Sauté for 8 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Separately, grill halloumi for 5 minutes on each side and cut into cubes. Set aside. (Skip this step if using feta cheese.)
- In the medium skillet with pea and onion mixture, add cooked rice, pomegranate arils, cranberries, pistachios, and lemon zest. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Top with grilled halloumi cubes and garnish with parsley, mint, and dark tops of the green onions. Enjoy!