Get fresh recipes, farm news, and discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
2acorn squash, cut in half at the stem
1cupscremini mushrooms, dice
1⁄2cupsbrown ale, porter, stout, reserved (we used a sweet stout)
1cupsshallots, diced ½ cup reserved
1⁄4cupsparsley, finely chopped
Cracked black pepper and sea salt, to taste
Parsley, for garnish
Parmesan, shaved for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 35g||45%|
|Saturated Fat: 13g|
|Trans Fat: .5g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 63g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber: 11g||39%|
- Follow instructions on boxed risotto. Set aside.
- Set oven to 400 degrees. Cut acorn squash in half through the stem. Repeat for both squashes. Scoop out seeds and stringy bits. Place face up on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and bake for 45 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, heat butter and reserved shallots on medium heat until slightly browned. Add beer of choice and whole peppercorns. Stir frequently for 5 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by half. Add heavy cream and stir frequently for 2 minutes or until the sauce becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add ½ cup diced shallots, mushrooms, and parsley to the cooked risotto. Fold until fully incorporated. Add cracked black pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Remove squash from oven and fill with risotto mixture equally. Put back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with brown butter sauce, pecans, parsley, and shaved parmesan. The risotto stuffed acorn squash will be quite hot, so let them sit for at least 5 minutes. Enjoy!