Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
4boneless/skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and halved
1Spanish or Portuguese Chorizo sausage, (not fresh Mexican sausage), cut into fourths
1onion, finely diced
4garlic cloves, minced
1can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
1can (10 oz.) whole baby clams, liquid reserved
1 3⁄4cupswater + reserved liquid from clams (should measure 2-3/4 cup total liquid)
3⁄4cupsfrozen green peas
1⁄3lbshrimp, peeled and deveined
1⁄4tspcrushed red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped fresh parsley and lemon wedges for garnish
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat: 6g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 41g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6g||21%|
- Mix paprika, oregano, salt & pepper in a bowl. Add chicken pieces and rub spice mixture all over. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high in a large deep skillet with a lid. Add chicken pieces and brown well on all sides. Add in chorizo pieces and cook 5 minutes. Remove chicken and chorizo from skillet and keep warm.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and sauté over medium heat 10 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and starting to caramelize; stir in tomatoes and cover, cooking 10 more minutes.
- Add the Lundberg Organic Sprouted Short Grain Brown Rice, water and reserved clam juice, mixing well with onion/tomato mixture. Sprinkle baby clams over rice; arrange chicken and chorizo pieces over rice. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove lid, placing shrimp in the skillet, pushing into the rice. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and peas, cover, and cook an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and peas are cooked. Remove from heat and let steam with lid on, 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.