Get fresh recipes, farm news, and discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
1leek, white & light green parts only, halved length-wise and thinly sliced
1⁄2lbsnap peas, cut into bite sized pieces
2clove garlic minced
1⁄2cupsbasil leaves, loosely packed
1⁄4cupsmint leaves, loosely packed
Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
Salt & Pepper
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat: 2.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6g||21%|
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- In a food processor, puree half the snap peas, basil, mint, lemon juice and zest with ½ cup of water until smooth.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt butter and sauté leeks and shallots until softened and lightly browned about 5 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Stir in remaining half of snap peas and sauté until peas are crisp-tender about 5 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Mix in puree and spinach leaves, toss to wilt spinach slightly. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the quinoa to the skillet and stir well to combine. Garnish with additional chopped herbs. Enjoy!