Sign up for Field Notes to receive farm fresh recipes, influence new products, and get discounts delivered straight to your inbox.
8Butter lettuce leaves
1lbshrimp, frozen, (about 25 shrimp)
2corn cobs, husk removed
4green onion stalks, sliced
1tspsea salt Juice of 1 lime
Sour cream, for garnish
Cilantro, for garnish
Sea salt, to taste
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 9g||12%|
|Saturated Fat: 1.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4g||14%|
- Bring water and Lundberg Organic Black Pearl Rice to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low-simmer, and cook for 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 mins. Let cool for 10 mins. Pour cooked rice over a large sheet of aluminum foil with olive oil and wrap into a pouch.
- Heat grill to 350 degrees, coat with oil, and add corn. Grill for 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Add rice pouch to the grill for ten minutes to achieve a smoky flavor and chewy texture. Add frozen shrimp to the grill and salt to taste. Grill shrimp for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally. Internal temperature should reach 145 degrees when finished cooking.
- Separate 8 leaves of butter lettuce. Rinse and pat dry. Slice green onion, avocado, and limes and set aside.
- Cut corn off the cob and add to a medium bowl with green onion, avocado, and lime juice. Salt to taste.
- If your shrimp still have tails, remove and discard.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter. Add 2 Tbsp. Lundberg Organic Black Pearl Rice to each leaf. Layer 3 shrimp on each leaf, on top of the rice layer.
- Top each lettuce leaf with the corn, green onion, avocado, and lime salsa. Add lime juice to taste.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.